Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Not everyone is meant to make the difference

yeah... I know, after "oslo experience part 1" there is supposed to be "oslo experience part 2" and further sequels. But taking advantage of the infinite liberty and privilege I have given myself, I have decided to insert this snippet here. Please don't mind!

okay so I was thinking about some inspirational quotes from the movies. Then was thinking about Spiderman 1 and 2. The films based on the fictitious character Peter Parker who, apart from his normal life as a physics student and a part time photographer, has to play another, a more important role as "The Spiderman". The movies were really exciting and I was moved and inspired after watching them. I saw them again and again. As it always happens, if I like something, I become kind of obsessed with that and it leaves a deep and lasting impression on my philosophy, behavior and the way I think. More recently it happened with the movies "Spiderman 1 & 2"

What is so appealing about the characters and the story?

first, unlike any other superhero, spiderman has not come from the planets/galaxies far away. He's just a normal person. Like anyone of us. The uprising from a ordinary man to a courageous, self-sacrificing person, to "a hero" is what appeals me most.

second, it's not just about stunts, climbing walls, flying around or fighting bad guys. No doubt these things are present and appreciated by many (or most) of the viewers, but what is more significant is the internal psychological or mental fight between Peter Parker and Spiderman, the fight between the way they are supposed to think, the fight between their *wishes* and *interests*.


there are many more aspects of it I would like to write about. May be in the subsequent posts.

Another and more important reason for my special interest in the Spiderman is (the text is removed from here for some unexplainable reasons)

Not everyone is meant to make a difference. But for me, the choice to lead an ordinary life is no longer an option

- Spiderman

2 Comments:

At Sunday, July 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to know the unexplanable reasons...u already know that I have read that part :)

Mann

 
At Monday, July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaa.....
some movies/books leave impression in our lives.....

the title song of 'bharat ek khoj' is the one for me!

"if u get some time and if u r interested"...do listen....and let me know what do you think about it....

waiting...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home